Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cook 15

Finally, it's here!

I'm not very good at typesetting, so it was really dragging me down. Luckily, DesuCake offered to do the typesetting for me, and here we are, with a new chapter for all of you guys who have been waiting very politely. ChooChoo also did the cleaning. This has almost turned into a group, rather than just me alone.

The recipe says to cook the chicken at 300°C, which sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Most high-temperature chicken recipes go up only to about 250 degrees, and most ovens in Japan get only as high as 260 degrees.

Cooking Papa Volume 2 Chapter 15: Roast Chicken to Your Heart's Content

7 comments:

  1. I'm new to this manga but after trying chapter 1, I found it really interesting! (Well, isn't manga about food all like that? xD). Thanks a lot for bringing us this chapter, I'm glad that there's more staff in the group, since Cooking Papa is a pretty looooooooong series after all! Don't know how long it'd take to reach the final, but I'm looking forward to it ^^
    (This manga is 2 years older than my big sis xD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Glad that you got your motivation back.

    And my thanks to DesuCake and ChooChoo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure 300 degrees C is a misprint. Even if you could find an oven that would go that high, a chicken would become a charcoal briquette at that temperature. 200 degrees C (400 degrees f) is a good choice.

    I still love the manga though...thanks for scanlating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY~ THANK YOU SO MUCH~ i was wondering if it got dropped or something so im really glad it wasnt~ im glad they offered to help you typeset~

    ReplyDelete
  5. one does not simply skip work to cook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's F? *Clueless about cooking* Thank you for this new chapter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to check your blog for some months but now when i check,i am so happy to see this chapter.cool story and nice transaltion work. :) thanks for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete